To ensure Coolibah Care remains safe for all residents, and staff, please comply with the following requests:
- Infection prevention and control remains our priority meaning it is essential for all visitors to sign in at reception and answer the screening questions. This is a legal requirement and it is an offence for a person to fail, without a reasonable excuse, to comply with this direction.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not visit the facility.
- Designated visiting times and time limits are no longer in force and there are no restrictions on age limits for visitors. This means that visitor bookings are not required.
- First-time visitors must book by call 9535 0300 and either email a vaccination certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it with them on their first visit.
- There are no visitor number limitations, however physical and social distancing must be observed.
- Visits can occur within any of the communal spaces in the facility including a residents’ room.
- Communal areas have maximum occupancy please observe these restrictions.
- Please maintain physical distancing of at least 1.5m between yourself and others.
- Please observe social distancing and refrain from shaking hands, hugging, or kissing other people other than your loved one.
- Personal hygiene such as hand washing or sanitizing, and cough/sneeze etiquette must be observed.
- Seasonal influenza vaccination is compulsory for entry into the facility unless there is a documented medical contraindication, or a vaccination is not reasonably available.
- A person must not enter, or remain on, the premises of a residential aged care facility if in the preceding 14 days:
- the person has returned from overseas OR has been informed that the person is a ‘close contact’
- has any symptoms associated with COVID-19, a temperature of 38 degrees or above or symptoms of acute respiratory infection (ie cough, sore throat)
- has not had an up to date vaccination against influenza
- It is the responsibility of the aged care facility to take all reasonable steps to ensure a person does not enter, or remain on, the premises if the person is prohibited to do so, as per above.
- Penalties apply for a person who fails, without reasonable excuse, to comply with any of these directions, and is punishable by a fine of up to $20,000 for individuals.