(1 May 2020)
To the Coolibah Care Residents, Client, Families and Friends
Thank you for your continued support in these challenging times. Your messages of support are always deeply appreciated.
I value your patience as we roll out ways for you to virtually connect you with your loved ones. This includes the introduction of CareApp and providing more IT hardware, such as tablets, to allow residential residents and community clients to video call.
Visiting for our residential facilities was reinstated on 29th April. It was necessary to plan how we would manage the process to ensure all visitors are screened and that numbers are limited. Strict guidelines are being followed for the safety of all residents and staff, which I am sure you would appreciate under the circumstances.
Please be assured that we are ready to act should a suspected, or confirmed, case of COVID-19 happen either in the facility or in the surrounding area.
I can assure you that while we remain calm during this time we are always vigilant and prepared.
I would also like to make you aware of other preventative measures, from the Department of Health, that we have put in place. Listed below are some of the preventative measures we have put in place so far:
- Restricted visiting with specific entry requirements, including temperature checking.
- A Pandemic Plan is in place.
- Supplies continue to be assessed and restocked as required.
- Staff training has been undertaken to meet the challenges of COVID-19, highlighting infection control and handwashing techniques.
- Influenza 2020 vaccination clinics have been held for all employees
- Registering Influenza 2020 vaccinations from visitors as all visitors, and contractors, must be vaccinated to enter the site/s.
- Regular communications with residents, their families and representatives continue.
- Redesigning activities so they can still go ahead for the residents.
- Introduction of virtual options for residential residents and community clients so they can stay connected with their loved ones and vice versa.
- Trialling a virtual day club, which commenced on 30th April with positive results.
Personally, I continue to feel humbled to lead such a caring, collaborative, conscientious and all-round amazing team! We all have things going on, but I know the team is stepping up and setting our residents wellbeing as a high priority during these challenging times.
Let’s continue to work together to keep everyone safe!
Coolibah Care CEO